Extreme Cold Weather Waterproof Mitts
The Clime and Place ECW (extreme cold weather) mitt system is made for long duration extreme cold. Designed with hand-postured contoured radial patterning this two mitt system is made for multiple temperature ranges and conditions. The Clime and Place ECW mitt system is sized to accept other gloves like the Clime and Place Wool liner and contact gloves. When worn in a system it increases the environmental protection and adds modularity for mitt/glove use in a wide range of conditions.
- Main Shell: Waterproof Gore-Tex® Two-layer / Supplex Taslan 2 Layer
- Palm/Thumb: Premium water-resistant leather
- Insulation: GORE® THERMIUM™
- Removable Liner Shell: Hybrid DRIFIRE® FORTREX® DF550 on palm & Synthetic back of hand
- Insulation: Merino Wool blend
- Chisel-tip design for improved dexterity and grip functionality
- Back of hand wool for the ultimate in face warming/goggle wiping
- Removable foam insulation in back of hand for improved cold contact insulation. GORE® THERMIUM™ palm/thumb insulation for extreme cold contact insulation
- Full wrap premium water resistant leather fingertip and palm
- Zero seam inner finger contact zones along the leading edge of first and pinky fingers make for less bulk and more pliability
- Integral stretch draft/spindrift tube at wrist
- Over the shoulder button-in retention straps
- One handed pull to close or release cuff buckle
- Back of hand webbing wrist tensioner
- Adjustable wide cuff for fit with bulky clothing systems
- Toggle pull elastic cord system for easy manipulations while wearing mitts
- Extended width and length of cuff point will reach jackets cuffs and inner clothing for reduced chance of heat loss
- Cuff side and fingertip clip-loops for multiple hang drying and/or storage options
- Button in I-cords with length adjusters
- Berry compliant, made in the U.S.A.
REMOVABLE LINER FEATURES:
- Hybrid fabric combination for quick-dry shell and liner of mitt
- Wool quick dry blend on palm of hand
- Hex grip patterning on palm for improved abrasion resistance and grip
- Liner mitt mates tightly with shell mitt securing mitt system in place
- Inner wrist and finger-tip warmer pockets for portable/disposable heater options
- One piece thumb design maximizes thermal insulation
- Light weight hybrid liner shell materials with reinforced palm and thumb allow for stand-alone light usage of liner mitt
- Simple wrist closure
- Enhanced moisture management when used in the Clime and Place CWGS with Wool Liner or Contact Gloves
HOW TO MEASURE
Flatten hand and measure circumference at the knuckles. Do not include the thumb.
Measure the length of your hand from the base of your palm to the end of your middle finger.
|Hand Circumference||7 1/2"||8"||8 1/2"||9"||
|Hand Length||7 1/2"||7 5/8"||7 3/4"||8"||
*If your measurements fall between sizes select the larger glove size.
HOW TO USE
We recommend using our gloves and mittens like you use a layered clothing system. Each glove can be worn individually or with another glove in the system to provide additional warmth and weather protection.
TEMPERATURE RANGE GUIDE
These are general recommendations based on lab and chamber testing as well real world use scenarios. Hand temperatures and comfort can be influenced by health, activity level, length of time exposed to the elements and core body temperature. Please remember each person and use scenario is different.
- Hand Wash with soap and cool water.
- Rinse and remove excess water by gently squeezing the gloves.
- Dry at room temperature.